Focus on Family and Disability Seminar Series
Tuesdays, 12-2 pm at UNC-CH School of Social Work or via LiveStream
325 Pittsboro St. Chapel Hill, NC 27516 | Directions and Parking
- Sept 10th – Demystifying Dyslexia: Breaking Down Barriers and Developing Common Language w/ Ginger Starling, M.Ed.
- Oct 8th – Transition to Adulthood: Housing, Employment and Other Disability Issues w/ Carol Conway and Susan Lombardo
- Oct 29th – Neurodiversity and Post-Secondary Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders w/ Glenna Osborne, MEd
- Nov 18th (Monday) – Non-Stereotypical Presentations of Neurodiversity Panel Discussion
- Jan 14th – Understanding Autism: An Overview of Strategies to Help Individuals with Social Cognitive and Emotional Regulation Challenges w/ Sherry Megner, MSW, LCSW
- Feb 11th –Supported Decision-Making and other Guardianship Alternatives w/ Linda Kendall-Fields, M.Ed.
- March 17th –Supportive Care Needs of Parents and Caregivers of Children who have Rare Diseases w/ Sharon King, Taylor’s Tale
- April 14th – Connections Matter: Building Caring Connections to Improve Resiliency w/ Melea Rose-Waters, MSW
***Current UNC-CH Field Instructors/Supervisors may use the same coupon code provided for the Clinical Lecture Series***