Fall 2015 – Spring 2016
Day-long and Multiple-Day Long Training in Evidence-Based Practices
After a successful inaugural year, UNC School of Social Work is pleased to offer year 2 of the Clinical Lecture Institutes, which emerged from interest in more in-depth training opportunities in evidence-based practices. Each Institute focuses on providing theoretical grounding and practical skills through a combination of didactic, experiential, and hands-on practices.
The areas of training this year:
- Introduction to Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) with Kristi Webb, PsyD (Friday, September 18, 2015)
- DBT Skills Experiential Workshop with Kristi Webb, PsyD (Friday, October 2, 2015)
- Changing the Anxious Mind, Rapidly: An Advanced Training with Reid Wilson, PhD (Friday, October 16, 2015)
- Mindfulness for Personal and Professional Practice with Jeff Brantley, MD (Friday, January 15, 2016)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) with Rhonda Merwin, PhD (Thursday & Friday, April 7-8, 2016)
Please contact Deborah Barrett with any questions, suggestions for future workshops, or if you would like to receive email notification and reminders of these and other area programs.
***If you require any accommodations or have any dietary restrictions, please contact (Debbie Barrett).