Clinical Lectures 2015-2016
List of Presentations
Clinical Lecture Series – Monday series, 12-2pm at UNC Chapel Hill School of Social Work
- Monday, Sept. 21, 2015 – Josh Hinson and Laura Garlock – “I don’t see them in my practice”: The Ethics of Serving Refugee and Immigrant Survivors of Torture and Trauma
- Monday, Oct. 26, 2015 – Noga Zerubavel, Ph.D – Singing the Blues: Honoring emotional experience through mindfulness-based treatment of depression
- Monday, Nov. 16, 2015 – Eric Gadol, Ph.D. – Insight and change through behavioral Analysis
- Monday, Jan. 25, 2016 – Kate Thieda, LPC, NCC. – Hidden No More: Moving from shame to whole-hearted Living
- Monday, Feb. 8, 2016 – Annette Perot, Ph.D. – Hoarding Disorder: The diagnosis they never taught you in graduate school
- Monday, March 7, 2016 – Michael Lambert, Ph.D. – Healing complex trauma
- Monday, April 4, 2016 – Michelle Johnson, LCSW – The Ethics of Inclusion
Refund Policy: No refunds given for 2-hour lunchtime programs. Participants can transfer their registration to a colleague. Please contact Deborah Barrett, Ph.D., LCSW at email@example.com or (919) 843-5818 to make arrangements, or if you have any other questions.
CEU: The UNC School of Social Work is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program.
Two Contact Hours per event
National Board for Certified Counselors Credit (NBCC) 2 hours
No partial credit will be given. Participants must attend the entire program in order to receive credit.
Transportation: The most reliable place to park is in the UNC Hospital lot on Manning Drive. Parking fee is $1.50/ hour. There are also numerous “park & ride” locations in Chapel Hill, with free bus service to (or near) the School of Social Work. Directions.
Questions? Contact Deborah Barrett, Ph.D., LCSW at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 843-5818.