Institutes 2014 – 2015
Day-long and Multiple-Day Long Training in Evidence-Based Practices
This year UNC School of Social Work is launching Clinical Lecture Institutes as an outgrowth of the Clinical Lecture Series. These Institutes will offer more in-depth training opportunities in evidence-based practices. Each Institute focuses on providing theoretical grounding and practical skills through a combination of didactic, experiential, and hands-on practices. These events take place in small group settings with lots of opportunities to practice and enhance clinical skills.
Workshops in 2014 – 2015:
- Motivational Interviewing (with Worth Bolton, ACSW, LCAS, CCS)
- Introduction to MI – Friday and Saturday, December 5-6, 2014
- Advanced training in MI – Friday and Saturday, March 13-14, 2015
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (with Kristi Webb, Psy.D.)
- Introduction to DBT approach – Friday, February 6, 2015
- DBT Skills Workshop – Friday, March 13, 2015
- DBT Skills Workshop, Friday, March 27, 2015
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and “Emotional Experiencing” (with Rhonda Merwin, Ph.D.)
- Friday and Saturday, April 17-18, 2015
- Trauma work from DBT perspective (with Kelly Koerner, Ph.D. and Amy Wagner, Ph.D.)
- Friday and Saturday, May 15 & 16, 2015
These all-day and multiple-day programs allow for more in depth, hands-on training experiences. The topics and schedules are based on community feedback. If you would like to contribute to future programming decisions, contact Debbie Barrett.