Focus on Family and Disability Seminars
UNC School of Social Work 2016-2017 Clinical Lecture Series
The Focus on Family and Disability Seminar series serves as a forum to educate diverse audiences about current issues, policies, research and evidence-based approaches in health, education, and disability to improve outcomes for children with disabilities/special needs and their families.
2nd Tuesday of Month, 11:15am–2:00pm (Lecture 12pm–2pm)
Click here for printable schedule 2016-17 Focus on Family and Disabilty Seminars Lectures
Target Audience: Graduate students, faculty and staff in Social Work, Education, Occupational Therapy, Speech and Hearing, Psychology, and Public Health. Service providers, community stakeholders, and families.
Clinical Lecture Series – Tuesday series, 12-2pm at UNC Chapel Hill School of Social Work
- Tuesday September 13,2016 : What’s New in Early Intervention and Family Support-Presented by Jill Singer, Early Intervention Branch Head, Division of Public Health, Women’s and Children’s Health Section, North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Tuesday October 11, 2016: Protecting and Promoting the Social , Emotional and Mental Health of Infants and Toddlers-Presented by Ennis C. Baker, MSW, LCSW, Family Partnership Manager/ Mental Health Specialist, Orange County Head Start
- Tuesday November 8, 2016 : Early Indentification of Autism Spectrum Disorders and Family Support- Presented by Elizabeth R. Crais, PhD, CCC-SLO, ASHA, Fellow Professor and Coordinator of Doctorial Studies Division of Speech and Hearing Sciences UNC, Chapel Hill, NC
- Tuesday January 10, 2017: Each Child, Every Community: How Smart Leverages Comprehensive, Equitable Programs-Presented By Diane Umstead, Community Development Director, The North Carolina Partnership for Children, Inc./Smart Start
- Tuesday February 14, 2017: Genetic Testing: Difficult Diagnoses and Family Support- Presented by Marcia Van Riper, PhD, RN, FAAN, School of Nursing , Family Health Division, UNC, Chapel Hill, NC
- Tuesday March 21, 2017: Navigating New Motherhood: Postpartum Health and Wellness Presented By Sarah Verbiest, MSW, PhD, Clinical Associate Professor, UNC School of Social Work and Executive Director, Center for Maternal & Infant Health, UNC School of Medicine
$35.00 for Clinicians and Service Providers;
$15.00 for Family and Community Members;
$5.00 for UNC Students;
Free to UNC School of Social Work Students, Field Instructors, School of Social Work Faculty and Staff
Lunch provided (11:15am –12:00pm)
Information on Continuing Educational Credit:
Contact hours provided for LCSWs and LMFTs 2 hours
CE: Two Contact Hours per event
2 Contact Hours from UNC Chapel Hill School of Social Work.
2 Contact Hours NBCC (provider #6642) The UNC School of Social Work is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program.
Each clinical lecture is co-sponsored by the North Carolina Psychological Association and the UNC School of Social Work. The North Carolina Psychological Association is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The North Carolina Psychological Association maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Each workshop is offered for 2 Hours of continuing education credit.
Attendance Policy: – No partial credit will be given. Participants must attend the entire program in order to receive credit, for Category A you must sign the sign– in and sign-out sheets .
ADA Statement: If you require any of the auxiliary aids or services identified in the Americans with Disabilities Act in order to participate in this program, please call us at 919-966-0396 no later than ten business days before the program.
Additional questions? Contact Barbara Leach at 919-966-0396
DO NOT LOG IN/REGISTER WITH YOUR ONYEN if you are a:
– UNC employee for any Department or School other than UNC Chapel Hill School of Social Work
– Field instructor/Task supervisor who is not otherwise employed as a faculty of UNC School of Social Work
ONYEN LOG IN is ONLY for UNC-CH SCHOOL OF SOCIAL WORK current students, staff and faculty.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS REGARDING REGISTRATION PLEASE CONTACT:
CAROL ANN HINCY 919-962-6540 or email@example.com