Fall 2016 – Spring 2017
Day-long and Multiple-Day Long Training in Evidence-Based Practices
UNC School of Social Work is pleased to offer year 3 of the Clinical Lecture Institutes, which emerged from interest in more in-depth training opportunities in evidence-based practices. Each Institute focuses on providing theoretical grounding and practical skills through a combination of didactic, experiential, and hands-on practices.
The areas of training this year:
- Friday & Saturday, September 23-24, 2016, 8:30am – 4:30pm – Two-Day Workshop on Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, with Eric Gadol, Ph.D. and Martha Golden, PsyD.
- Thursday, October 20, 2016, 8:30am – 4:30pm – Investing in the Therapeutic Work, and Not the Outcome: How the Spirit of Motivational Interviewing helps us to Honor People’s Autonomy while Making Space for Change, with Marty Weems, LCSW, LSAC
- Friday & Saturday, Jan 27-28, 2017, 8:00 am -4:30 pm – Two-Day Mindful Self Compassion Core Skill Training with Kristin Neff and Christopher Germer
- Friday, February 3, 2017, 8:30am – 4:30pm – Case Conceptualization and Behavioral Targeting in Stages 1 and 2 of DBT: Treating High Target Behaviors and Trauma in the Multi-Diagnostic Client, with Lorie Ritschel, Ph.D.
- Friday, February 17, 2017, 8:30am – 4:30pm – Borderline Personality Disorder, in Context, and Across Therapeutic Approaches, with Marilyn Ghezzi, LCSW
- Friday, March 17, 2017, 8:30am – 4:30pm – A Dialectic Approach to Distress: How to translate and apply what we know about emotional suffering to treat chronic physical pain, with Deborah Barrett, Ph.D., LCSW
Registration is open
Please contact Deborah Barrett with any questions, suggestions for future workshops, or if you would like to receive email notification and reminders of these and other area programs.
Additional questions? Contact Deborah Barrett, PhD, LCSW at email@example.com or 919-843-5818 or Carol Ann Hincy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-962-6540.