UNC Chapel Hill – Clinical Lecture Institutes, 2017-2018
School of Social Work Auditorium and via Live-Stream | Flyer
Thursday and/or Fridays, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Check specific programs for program content, and specific agenda, fees, and live-stream availability.
- Friday, October, 20, 2017 – Bringing Trauma-Sensitive Yoga into Psychotherapy, with Barbara Vosk, Ph.D, RYT-500 (full-day and half-day options)
- Thursday/Friday, January 18 & 19, 2018 – Applying Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) to trauma, with Deborah Barrett, Ph.D., LCSW, and Robin Sansing, LCSW
- Thursday/Friday, March 15 & 16, 2018 – Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) with Trauma, with Jennifer Plumb Vilardaga, Ph.D.
- Friday, April 20, 2018 – Healing Developmental Trauma, with Kate Gotelli, LCSW, SEP
Information on Continuing Education:
6 hours of CE will be awarded by UNC School of Social Work for each full day of training. Please see individual institute programs for total hours of CE offered for each program, as some are half-day, and two-day programs.
- Contact Hours ASWB UNC School of Social Work, #1406, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program. UNC School of Social Work maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 8/10/16 to 8/10/19. Social Workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education hours. Social Workers participating in this intermediate course will receive 6 continuing education contact hours (ASWB).
- 6 Contact Hours NBCC (provider #6642) The UNC School of Social Work is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program.
- Each clinical lecture is co-sponsored by the North Carolina Psychological Association and the UNC School of Social Work. The North Carolina Psychological Association is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The North Carolina Psychological Association maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Each workshop is offered for 6 Hours of continuing education.
Psychologists only: If you would like category A credit from NCPA, there’s an additional fee of $6. We accept cash and checks on site ,If paying by check please make payable to UNC School of Social Work. (Credit cards not accepted on site.) Please make sure that you sign in and sign out of this training.
Fees: See individual programs
- Discounts offered to current UNC Chapel Hill School of Social Work students, faculty, and staff.
- Discounts offered to current UNC Social Work Field Instructors and Task Supervisors (obtain coupon code from Field Office).
- Discounts and scholarships available to eligible participants.
- Additional $6 for category A credit for psychologists.
Certificate of Completion: Upon completion of the training, all participants will be directed to the UNC SSW event site to complete an evaluation. Once you complete the evaluation, you will receive a personalized certificate (PDF format) via email.
Where: All institutes take place at UNC Chapel Hill School of Social Work, located at 325 Pittsboro St, Chapel Hill, NC. For room location, see individual institute.
Transportation/ Directions: The most reliable place to park is in the UNC Hospital lot on Manning Drive. Parking fee is $1.50/ hour. The Carolina Inn next door on Pittsboro has space-available pay parking for a flat fee of $20/day. There are also numerous “park & ride” locations in Chapel Hill, with bus service to (or near) the School of Social Work. Directions.
Live Streaming: Can’t make it in person? Participate through live stream. Those who register for live streaming will receive an email with directions on how to join via Zoom 2 days before the lecture.
Attendance Policy: To receive CE’s, you must be present for the entire session, and you must sign the sign-in and sign-out sheets (for psychologists). No partial CE’s will be given. No CE’s will be given to participants who are more than 15 minutes late at the beginning of any session. No CE’s will be given to participants who leave before the close of a session.
ADA Statement: If you require any of the auxiliary aids or services identified in the Americans with Disabilities Act in order to participate in this program, please call us at 919-962-6540 no later than ten business days before the program.
Cancellation and refund policies: A handling fee of 50% will be deducted upon cancellation. Refund requests should be sent by email and must be received one week before the start date to make arrangements. Please contact Carol Ann Hincy at email@example.com or 919-962-6540, or if you have any other questions.
How to access UNC wireless: click here for instructions
Additional questions? Contact Deborah Barrett, PhD, LCSW at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-843-5818 or Carol Ann Hincy at email@example.com or 919-962-6540.