Clinical Lecture Institutes
UNC-CH School of Social Work or via LiveStream
325 Pittsboro St. Chapel Hill, NC 27516
UNC School of Social Work offer Clinical Institutes, which offer in-depth training opportunities in evidence-based practices. Each Institute provides theoretical grounding and practical skills through a combination of didactic, experiential, and hands-on practices.
- Sept 20- 21 – Motivational Interviewing in Small Moments for Impactful Change with Marty Weems, LCSW, LCAS (Thursday & Friday, September 20–21, from 9:00 am – 4:30 pm, both days)
- Oct 18 – Prolonged Exposure Therapy for PTSD: Approaching what matters with Tiffany Hopkins, PhD (Thursday, October 18, 2018 (9:00am – 4:30pm)
- Dec 6-7 – Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy: Transforming relationships from distress to secure bonds with Lorrie Brubacher, M.Ed., LMFT, RMFT (Thursday & Friday, December 6 – 7 2018, from 9:00am – 4:30pm, both days)
- March 22 – Accountability and Power: Practicing social justice in clinical social work with Carmen Crosby, LMSW, PhD (Friday, February 22, 2019, from 12:15 pm – 4:30 pm
- April 26 – Values as Guiding Principles: Learning to leverage values work in ACT with Jennifer Plumb-Villardarga, PhD (Friday, April 26, 2019, from 9:00 am – 4:30 pm)
- All active UNC SSW field instructors and task supervisors who attend with their student interns will receive 50% off the price of Clinical Institutes (on top of early-bird discount, if applicable).
- UNC MSW students attending with their UNC-SSW agency based field educators can participate in Clinical Institutes for a $10 fee.
- Learning together discounts apply both for in-person participation and for live-streaming at field site.
Additional questions? Please contact Deborah Barrett at email@example.com or Carol Ann Hincy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-962-6540.